Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Video Killed The Internet Star

So, as you can see below, I write stuff for blogcritics.org. It's been great, a lot more people have read my stuff and I can gauge my self-worth in digg stats.

But now I've been asked to make a video.

As some sort of collabo between BC and MyspaceTV, they're looking for BC folks to produce short segments of video. I guess I raised a few well-placed eyebrows because I received an email this morning from the music editor asking if I'd be interested in making a video of my "News From The Machine" shtick. I certainly am interested, but obviously there are some logistics things to work out (I don't have a camera, I don't have editing software, I'm not very videogenic). If anyone has any ideas or would like to help out, i'd love to hear from you.

Currently, my ideas don't stray far from the News from the Machine formula. But I assume that could change as I imagine video is probably more suited for branching out conceptually.

Also, I'd have to find out if I would have to make these videos Myspace-exclusive, since I'm not sure I like that idea. I don't want Rupert Murdoch having his claws in me more than he already does.

2 comments:

Mike Guardabascio said...

that's great news, duproix. i dont have much in the way of equipment besides the really low-quality camera that came in my macbook. it's fine for videochatting, but i dont know how a video blog would come out on it.

Anonymous said...

I could help. I don't know what I could do, but I could do something. Just let me know what you need.
-Beef