Thursday, June 28, 2007

My Untitled Rap Project

So as i've mentioned to a few people, I'm working on a rap project with my musical soul brother Wayne Baker. It's been a real joy so far, simply because of the rather perverse joy we've had in making it so, well, perverse. The basic idea is that the lyrics will be singularly over-the-top, semi-nonsensical and psychotic. Blend that with the usual gangsta paradigms and you'll see how bizarre the lyrics I've been writing can get. Wayne's mission, as the man behind the mixer, is to create something that is as clubbed-out and lowest-common-denominator-y as possible. Wayne could pretty much do this in his sleep I imagine. I'm sure he's got more insight as to where his head's at with his end, so I won't put words in his mouth (just my balls).

-PARENTAL ADVISORY: EXPLICIT LYRICS-
Without further ado, here's a sampling of the lyrics I've written so far:

"I don’t fear motherfuckers or the FBI
Got a demon in the attic trying to take my life."

"Undead warriors all tryin’ to test us
Somebody tell these zombies who Jonny Quest is!"

"Built a time machine, cuz I make the cash
Went back to my birth and erased my past"

"Pirate my track, kid, I’ll fuckin’ sue ya
Rip your lungs out and sell ‘em back to ya"

"You know what happens when I’m high and packin’
Cappin’ holes in the ceiling when I’m high on acid,"

"I’m a motherfuckin’ killa when the full moon’s ripe
It’s the beast inside of me that’s crushin’ your windpipe
And knockin’ your face off with a steel drainpipe
Better pack silver hollows if ya wanna take my life"

"Here’s a little rhyme that I’m sendin’ your way
I got twenty hoes in the CIA
Hot Twenty-fo’s on my Santa Fe
Swervin’ down the strip drunk off the Jose"

So... I (or at least my rap persona) am being stalked by a demon and zombies, I'm a tequila-drinking, Hyundai-driving, time-traveling werewolf whose pimp game has infiltrated the highest levels of government, and I enjoy doing drugs while brandishing a loaded firearm. Doesn't get much more gangsta than that.

I don't even want to mention some of the stuff I left out. Hint: there's a Poe reference, and it involves hand grenades.

2 comments: